Cherokee Carbon Tomato (Garden Starter Plant)
A gorgeous dusky purple beefsteak with rich, complex flavor, this hybrid is a cross between two heirloom taste-test winners, Cherokee Purple and Carbon. Makes one of the most delicious tomato sandwiches you’ll ever taste! Cherokee Carbon tends to produce more fruit than either of its parents. Plants can get pretty tall, so be sure to support them with strong stakes or sturdy cages.
- Light: Full sun
- Matures: 75 to 80 days after planting
- Fruit size: 12 to 15 ounces
- Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
- Plant size: 5 to 7 feet tall
- Plant type: Indeterminate
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.