Serrano Hot Pepper (Garden Starter Plant)
This variety is a vigorous bearer of hot, pungent, candle-shaped fruits that mature from green to bright red. Plants do well in most climates and are especially well adapted to hot, humid areas. This pepper is growing in popularity for pickling and salsa, and is the pepper of choice for making pico de gallo.
- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 3 to 3.5 inches
- Matures: 80 days
- Plant spacing: 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 24 to 36 inches tall and 18 inches wide
- Scoville heat units: 15,000 to 30,000 (hot)
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.