Romaine Lettuce (Garden Starter Plant)
This is the classic romaine. Its compact, dark green rosette of tall, upright leaves is slightly curly with white hearts and has a crisp, sweet flavor. Slow to bolt. Grows best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade and even appreciates it in spring in hot climates.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Head size: 8 inches (semi-heading)
- Matures: 21 days for leaves, 75 for head
- Plant spacing: 10 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 1 foot tall and wide
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.