Mammoth Jalapeno Hot Pepper (Garden Starter Plant)
A giant jalapeño, this one will make whopper poppers. Peppers have a smooth skin and thick flesh, which makes them easier to stuff. Or, use them in salsa, dips, or other recipes as you would normal-sized jalapeños. Plants are resistant to tobacco mosaic virus and potato virus Y.
- Light: Full Sun
- Fruit size: 1 inch by 4½ inches
- Matures: 72 to 75 days
- Plant spacing: 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plant size: 24 to 36 inches tall
- Scoville heat units: 1,000 to 5,000 (medium)
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.