Lemon Thyme (Garden Starter Plant)
Thymus x citriodus
A favorite of all thymes, lemon thyme is great in the garden and the kitchen. Easy to grow. Although it looks like German thyme (or English thyme), it definitely tastes and smells like lemon. Use lemon thyme in any recipe that calls for lemon, including marinades. Lemon thyme grows vigorously, so you can trim back to keep neat and compact and enjoy the trimmings! The glossy green foliage is easily sheared into a tiny hedge if you are looking to create a traditional knot garden. Evergreen in zones 8 and 9. This is a really pretty thyme that our customers brag about for its vigor and size. Lemon thyme looks great in a pot.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Spacing: 18 to 24 inches apart
- Plant size: 12 inches tall
- Garden use: Herb garden, flower border, containers, seasonal ground cover
- Culinary use: To give dishes a lemon flavor
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.