Home Run Shrub Rose
This flame-red offspring of the famous Knock Out kicks the competition up a notch when it comes to disease resistance. Home Run has a phenomenal fortitude against the dreaded black spot (like its father). But, unlike Dad, it is also completely resistant to powdery mildew & has a higher level of tolerance to downy as well. Rounded, bushy, fast-to-flower and nearly always in color. A grand slam in both the landscape and a container. Coast to coast…it's the cleanest. Deepest red in cool temps.
- Class: Shrub
Plant Habit: Medium, height and width
- Growth Habit: Very rounded, full & bushy
- Plant Height: 28 to 35 inches
- Stem Length: Medium-short
- Foliage Color: Deep green
- Disease Resistance: Excellent
- Flower Color: Bright velvety red
- Bud Form: Very long & pointed
- Flower Size: Medium, around 3 inches in diameter
- Flower Form: Single, in large clusters
- Petal Count: 5
- Parentage: (City of San Francisco x Baby Love) x Knock Out
* Photos and description courtesy of Weeks Roses.