German Thyme (Garden Starter Plant)
Thymus vulgaris 'German'
Thyme is an easy and practical herb to grow. Highly aromatic, it enhances meat dishes, eggs, cheeses, soups, and sauces, and it is a primary component of both Bouquet Garni and Herbes de Provence. Use it to elevate the flavor of good ole’ beef stew, too. This tiny-leaved thyme is among the most aromatic, more so than larger-leafed varieties.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Spacing: 12 to 15 inches
- Plant size: 12 to 15 inches tall
- Garden use: Herb garden, flower border, containers,
- Culinary use: In Bouquet Garni; aromatic dishes
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.