Dragon Cayenne Pepper (Garden Starter Plant)
This plant is both a a showpiece and a workhorse in the garden, producing large numbers of petite fruits that mature from green to blazing red. The upright, finger-like peppers pack the heat even when small and green, and can be used fresh or dried to add sizzle to mealtime menus. This variety thrives where the growing season is long and hot. Plants are compact and perfect for containers — very ornamental! The colorful peppers last a long time on the plant.
- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 1 to 2 inches long
- Matures: 70 to 75 days
- Plant spacing: 12 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 15 to 18 inches tall, 12 to 16 inches wide
- Scoville heat units: 30,000-50,000 (hot)
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.