Watermelon Garden Leader Monster Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Set the bar high by growing the gigantic Garden Leader Monster Watermelon this Season!
For best results, plant in full sun when the soil is warm, keep moist and fertilize regularly. The area needs to be free of obstacles for the best root development. Plants form long vines that produce two fruits averaging 20-30 pounds each.
This monster watermelon variety produces oblong striped fruit with a sweet red flesh for unsurpassed eating.
- Flavor: Sweet and tender.
- Preparation Ideas: Scoop out the center and use as the bowl for a fruit salad.
- Plant Type: Fruit
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85-90 Days
- Growth Type: Vine
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Garden Leader Monster Watermelon seeds roughly 8' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 6' apart.
Instructions: Sow a few Garden Leader Monster Watermelon seeds over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. Choose an area with full sun after any chance of frost has passed. When plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting to 3 plants per hill. Use a balanced fertilizer to increase yield.
Suggestions: Choose a site with good drainage, good air circulation, and full sun. Ready to harvest when the skin on the underside turns yellow and a thump with your knuckles produces a hollow sound.