Roma VF Tomato seeds produce a heavy-yielding tomato variety commonly used for preserves, solid-pack canning tomato paste and puree.
These tomatoes have very little juice and a mild flavor. Roma VF tomatoes are large, determinate plants that have great leaf cover and disease tolerance.
Planning on growing some of your own Roma VF tomatoes? You can start your seeds indoors 6-8 weeks prior to you areas final frost date. You can also sow your tomato seeds directly outdoors in full sun after all danger of frost has passed and soil is warm.
Don't forget: these tomatoes will not tolerate frost!
- Flavor: Lovely mild flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Ideal for creating Roma tomato pastes!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85-90 Days
- Growth Type: Determinate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Roma VF Tomato seeds approximately 3' apart.
- Best Container Size: 24"+
- Disease Resistance: Alternaria, fusarium, verticillium
Instructions: Start seeds indoors in a sunny location six to eight weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 true leaves and weather is warm. Seeds can be sown directly into the garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep fruit clean and easier to pick support these plants with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week!