Organic Roma Tomato is a heavy-yielding tomato variety used for preserves, solid-pack canning tomato paste and tomato puree.
This organic tomato variety has very little juice and a lovely mild flavor. A Determinate tomato, its large plants have great leaf cover. Disease tolerant.
- Flavor: Mild flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: With few seeds, this tomato is ideal for creating tomato paste.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.65
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80 Days
- Growth Type: Determinate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Roma Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 24"+
Instructions: Start Organic Roma Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Seed can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.