Tomato Heirloom Cherokee Purple Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
The Cherokee Purple Tomato is a great conversation plant among gardeners.
Originally grown by Cherokee Indians, this disease tolerant purple heirloom tomato variety has a smoky, sweet flavor that has been enjoyed for over 100 years! That's right, these heirloom variety Cherokee Purple tomato seeds have been untouched for over 100 years and you'll be enjoying this produce exactly as it was in the past.
The indeterminate vines bear 10-12 oz tomatoes with pinkish-purple flesh.
- Flavor: Smoky sweet and slightly acidic tomato flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Slice for salads or use in a sauce!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 82 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomato seeds roughly 2' apart in rows.
Instructions: Start Cherokee Purple Heirloom Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Tomato seeds can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support them with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week!