Better Boy Tomatoes are vigorous indeterminate plants that produce an abundance of extra large fruits.
Some of these tomatoes can grow to weigh 1.5 pounds! Praised for their delicious, meaty flavor. Better Boy Hybrid Tomatoes have deep red, smooth and firm fruits. This tomato variety has multiple disease tolerance to VFN, ASC, and ST.
- Flavor: Delicious, meaty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Slice to your liking for use in sandwiches!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 15 Pelleted Seeds
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70 - 75 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Better Boy Hybrid Tomato seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
- Disease Resistance: Verticilium Wilt|Fusarium Wilt|Nematodes|Alternaria|Stemphylium
Instructions: Start Better Boy Hybrid Tomato seeds indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant tomato seedlings outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Seeds can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep tomatoes clean and easier to pick, support them with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.