Texas Bluebonnet is both a hardy annual and the state flower of Texas!
These graceful spikes full of dark blue flowers tinged with white can be grown anywhere. This plant has showy, pea-like blossoms that open above lacy, sage-green foliage.
- Plant Type: Annual Flower
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.75
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 15-25 Days
- Days To Bloom: 60-90 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Texas Bluebonnet seeds roughly 12" apart.
- Growing Height: 10-15"
- Best Container Size: 24"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost, sow Texas Bluebonnet seeds in ground. Cover with 0.25" of soil. When plants are 2" high, thin.
Suggestions: Lovely for cut flowers for bouquets. Ideal for edging or massed in beds. In mild climates, sow in fall for bloom the following spring. Thrives under dry conditions.