Organic Early Summer Crookneck is a poplar yellow squash variety.
It has firm, tender, pale cream flesh and is high in vitamin A. For best flavor, eat young squash when it measures 4"-8" in length. Summer squash.
- Flavor: Mild and buttery with a hint of nutty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Roast with lemon and olive oil for a delightful dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 53 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Organic Early Summer Yellow Crookneck Squash seeds roughly 4' apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 3' apart.
Instructions: After all danger of frost, in a sunny location, sow a few Organic Early Summer Yellow Crookneck Squash seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop the production of the plants. Ready to harvest just after blossom falls from fruit and fruit can be easily dented with a thumbnail.