Our Yellow Summer Crookneck Squash seeds produce a poplar yellow crookneck squash variety high in vitamin A.
This crookneck squash has firm, tender, pale cream flesh that's ready to harvest just after the blossom falls from the fruit and you can easily dent the outer wall of fruit with your thumbnail. For best flavor, eat young fruit when it's 4"-8" long.
- Flavor: Mild and buttery with a hint of nutty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Roast with lemon and olive oil for a delightful dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 53 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Yellow Summer Crookneck Squash seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
Instructions: After all danger of frost, in a sunny location, sow a few seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-1"2 tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop the production of the plants. Yellow Summer Crookneck Squash is ready to harvest just after blossom falls from fruit and fruit can be easily dented with a thumbnail.