Dixie Hybrid Squash is a yellow summer crookneck squash variety that is early, highly productive and vigorous.
This squash has a uniform shiny lemon-yellow coloring. Dixie Hybrid squash is tastiest when 4"-6" long. Grow these and enjoy a snack or side dish that is low in calories and a good source of vitamin A!
- Flavor: Mild taste is best when harvested at 4"-6".
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect for freezing and canning!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 41 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Dixie Hybrid Summer Squash seeds roughly 4' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost and in a sunny location, sow a few Dixie Hybrid Summer Squash seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When the plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop the production of the plants. Ready to harvest just after blossom falls from squash and squash can be easily dented with your thumbnail.