Round Leaf Spinach is an early variety that produces large leaves approximately 12" tall and 4" wide.
This cool weather vegetable is a great choice for stir-fry or use round leaf spinach leaves fresh to add taste and texture to your salads.
- Flavor: Mild flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Popular in Asian dishes or as a micro-green for salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Round Leaf Spinach seeds roughly 6" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 12" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Round Leaf Spinach seeds in rows directly outdoors as soon as ground can be worked. Place one seed every 2" and cover with soil. When plants are about 3" tall, thin to 6" apart. The thinnings go great in salads. Harvest spinach before flower stalks form.
Suggestions: Harvest entire spinach plants at the soil line when outer leaves are 12" long or just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in late summer for fall harvests.