With its excellent taste and smooth, dark green leaves Matador Spinach is an impressive addition to salads.
The leaves of this cool weather vegetable are also perfect for souffles, stuffings, and as cooked greens. Mix this spinach variety with ricotta cheese to make cannelloni and ravioli.
- Flavor: Sweet spinach flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect to add to a salad mix.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Matador Spinach seeds roughly 6" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 12" apart.
Instructions: Sow Matador Spinach seeds in rows directly outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked. Place one seed every 2" and cover with soil. When plants are 3" tall, thin to 6" apart. Use the tender thinnings in salads. Harvest spinach before flower stalks form.
Suggestions: Harvest entire Matador spinach plants at the soil line when outer leaves are 6" long, or just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in late summer for fall harvests.