Spinach Bloomsdale Long Standing Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Our Long Standing Bloomsdale Spinach seeds grow into thick, crinkled dark green leaves that are high in vitamins A, C and the B-Complex!
This Bloomsdale variety is slower to bolt than other Bloomsdale spinach types. Bloomsdale spinach germination takes roughly 8-10 days and should reach maturity in roughly 45 days. This cool weather vegetable is a favorite among gardeners everywhere!
- Flavor: A great old-time taste!
- Preparation Ideas: Use this delicious variety in a salad, pasta dish or omelette.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 5
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach seeds roughly 12" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow in rows directly outdoors as soon as the ground can be worked. Place one seed every 2" and cover with soil. When plants are about 3" tall, thin to 6" apart. Use thinning in salads. Harvest before flower stalk forms.
Suggestions: Harvest entire plants at the soil line when outer leaves are 6 inches long. Or, just cut away outer leaves as needed for a continuous crop until hot weather. Sow again in the late summer.