Spearmint has strong flavor and fragrance that is released with simple bruising. It’s the best mint variety for hot and cold drinks. Toss bruised leaves into ice water for a refreshing summer drink or add to iced tea. Spearmint is favored for flavoring beverages such as mojito. Also know as Yerba Buena. Spreading plant is great for containers. Tolerates light frost.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Spacing: 18-24 inches apart
- Plant size: 24 inches tall
- Garden use: Herb gardens, containers, window boxes
- Culinary use: Salads, sauces, desserts, beverages
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.