Sage is the most poplar herb for seasoning because of its mildly pungent flavor and pleasant aroma.
These Broad Leaf Sage seeds will grow into an herb plant with leaves that are used fresh or dried; popular in stuffings and in pork or cheese dishes. This herbs attractive leaves are often used for gray accents among flower gardens. Sage can thrive as a potted plant!
- Flavor: Mildly pungent with a savory flavor and slight pepper taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Use this herbs leaves to flavor meats and stuffings!
- Plant Type: Herb
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.625
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 10-20 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70-80 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 12"
- Growing Height: 16-24"
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start seed indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks before transplanting outdoors. Or sow directly in the garden in ordinary well-drained soil in full sun after danger of frost is past. Thin or transplant plants to 12 inches apart when they are 2 inches tall. Pick leaves as needed.
Suggestions: For storage, cut top 5 inches of stalks before flowering in early summer and dry leaves in the shade. Repeat as new growth develops. Sage will thrive as a potted plant. Use fresh or dried in stuffings and pork or cheese dishes.