Radish Icicle Short Top Seed Packet - Ferry-Morse
Icicle Short Top Radish is the best early white radish around.
Its flesh has a deliciously mild flavor, especially when harvested young. These radishes are high in vitamin C and are very crisp and tender. Grows up to a length of 6".
- Flavor: Mild, but most flavorful when young.
- Preparation Ideas: Add texture to salads by dicing or slicing the roots, and use the tops as a delicious side dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.75
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 4-7 Days
- Days to Maturity: 28 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Icicle Short Top Radish seeds roughly 1" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 12" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun, sow 2 Icicle Short Top Radish seeds per inch in the row. Cover seeds firmly with soil. When plants have 3 or 4 leaves, thin to 1" apart. For a steady crop, sow every 10 days until warm weather and again in the fall until 30 days before frost.
Suggestions: Radishes exhibit best flavor when grown in cool weather and full sun. Use thinnings in salads. For mild radishes, mulch and keep watered to speed growth.