These Heirloom Champion Radish seeds produce healthy, large radishes that do not become pithy.
The size of each Champion Radish measures at about 2" in diameter. High in vitamin C this heirloom variety radish has attractive coloring and a crisp, tender flesh. This quick-growing radish is perfect for your garden or greenhouse.
- Flavor: Crisp, slightly bitter.
- Preparation Ideas: Use Champion Radish in relish trays, salads or as cut garnishes.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 3.75
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 4-7 Days
- Days to Maturity: 28 Days
- Growth Type: Spring
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow two Heirloom Champion Radish seeds per inch in a row.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: In full sun, sow two seeds per inch in a row and cover seeds firmly with soil. When radish plants have 3-4 true leaves, thin seedlings to an inch apart. For a steady crop sow seeds every 10 days until warm weather and then again in the fall until 30 days before first frost.
Suggestions: Radishes exhibit best flavor when grown in cool weather and full sun. Use thinnings in salads. For mild radishes, mulch and keep watered to speed growth.