Pepper 'Red Hot Chili'
Hybrid. Can you take the heat? Red Hot Chili Pepper is hot in more ways than just its Scoville rating—it’s a sizzling edible-ornamental addition to gardens, too! The semi-compact plant produces brilliant clusters of upward-facing, cone-shaped chili peppers that begin pale green, turn vibrant orange, and then mature to fiery red. Great for sauces, drying, and, of course, chili. Or, if your taste buds fear the heat, plant it in a pot and simply enjoy the view! Scoville rating of 40,000 to 50,000. Wear gloves when handling.
- Light: Full sun
- Fruit size: 1.5 to 2.5 inches long
- Matures: 70 days
- Spacing: 12 to 18 inches apart
- Plant size: 15 inches tall
- Scoville rating: 40,000 to 50,000
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.