The Quadrato D'Asti Rosso is the finest pepper in Italy!
The large pepper plants produce an abundance of peppers which mature to a brilliant red. Used for making Pepperonata, and perfect stuffed or roasted.
- Flavor: A rich sweet taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Great for salads, stuffing, or frying.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 95-110 Days
- Growth Type: Sweet
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Quadrato D Asti Rosso Pepper seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 2.5' apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start Quadrato D Asti Rosso Pepper seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seed moist and in full sunlight. Transplant when 3" tall. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location after the chance of frost is past. Thin or transplant to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.