California Wonder Pepper is a favorite large bell pepper among gardeners.
The crisp, thick flesh of this pepper variety has a mild, pleasant flavor. Bell Peppers are perfect for salads, stuffing and used as a soup ingredient. High in vitamins A and C.
Sow Easy seeds are pelleted with an all-natural coating made from a mix of clay, perlite, and FDA-approved food coloring. This coating adds some bulk to small seeds and stands out in the soil, making direct sowing and accurate spacing easier than ever. However, the coating does add a few days to the germination time when compared to uncoated seed.
- Flavor: Mildly sweet.
- Preparation Ideas: Use in salads and soups or stuff for a delicious meal.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Pelleted Seed Count: 100 Pelleted Seeds
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Sweet
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Plant California Wonder Bell Pepper seeds roughly 18" apart in rows, keeping each row approximately 2.5' apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start California Wonder Bell Pepper seeds indoors 8 weeks before planting outdoors. Keep seeds moist in full sunlight. Transplant when 3" tall. Or, sow directly in the garden in a sunny location after the danger of frost is past. Plant 2 seeds every 18". Thin or transplant to 1 plant every 18" when 3" tall. Use a balanced fertilizer when 6" tall to increase production.
Suggestions: Plant hot and sweet peppers in separate areas to avoid cross-pollination. Pick peppers regularly for increased yields.