Growing several varieties on one tree is a practical, fun way to produce more kinds of fruit in a small space as well as spread the harvest over a longer season.
- Bartlett Pear: World's most popular pear. High quality, tolerates hot summers. Self-fruitful in most climates of Western U.S.
- Bosc Pear: Long and narrow shape, brown skin. Superb quality, one of the best. Use fresh or cooked. Susceptible to fire blight in warm, moist climates.
- Comice Pear: The famous gift pack pear. Sweet, aromatic, fine texture, superb flavor and quality - one of the best. Short neck, greenish-yellow skin with red blush.
- D’Anjou Pear: Large, short necked, firm, good quality, keeps well.
* Description courtesy of Dave Wilson Nursery.