These edible pea pods are crunchy and very sweet. Peas will tolerate a light frost when they're young and heat when they have matured. This pea variety is delicious with fresh dips, added to stir fry or lightly cooked and enjoyed alone.
- Flavor: Superb sweetness!
- Preparation Ideas: Great choice for dips and stir fries or lightly cooked and enjoyed alone.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Plant Sugar Snap Pea seeds 2" apart in rows.
- Disease Resistance: Frost
- Tolerance: Pea wilt
Instructions: Sow in full sun in spring and late summer. Peas will tolerate some frost and are very sensitive to heat. Plant 1 seed every 2 inches. Do not thin. Plants perform best when supported by a trellis. Support 2 rows at the same time by placing a trellis between 2 rows and letting plants grow together. Harvest when pods are filled out to encourage production.
Suggestions: When harvesting peas, do not jerk pods from vines since rough handling can cause plants to stop producing. It is best to snip clusters of pods from vines with scissors or pruners.