Green Arrow Organic Pea seeds will grow into a bush that produces slender 4"-4.5" pods of peas.
Pea pods of this variety contain 9-11 peas when mature. An excellent producer of sweet, tender peas that you'll be sure to find delicious.
- Flavor: Tender and sweet.
- Preparation Ideas: Great shelling pea for enjoying fresh or freezing.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 65-72 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Plant your Green Arrow Organic Pea seeds roughly 2" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 2.5' apart.
- Tolerance: Downey Mildew|Fusarium Wilt
Instructions: Sow Green Arrow Organic Pea seeds in full sun in the spring and late summer. Peas will tolerate some frost and are very sensitive to heat. Plant 1 seed every 2". Do not thin. Pea plants perform best when supported by a trellis. Support 2 rows at the same time by placing the trellis between 2 rows and letting plants grow together. Harvest when pods are filled out to encourage production.
Suggestions: When harvesting peas, do not jerk pods from vines since rough handling can cause plants to stop producing. It is best to snip clusters of pods from vines with scissors or pruners.