This beautiful lettuce offers a large, open “head” of loose leaves that deepens in color as it matures. It is fast growing, heat tolerant, and slow to bolt. Very high in nutrition. Grows best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade and even appreciates it in spring in hot climates. The red color is best in full sun and cool weather.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Head size: 8 to 12 inches (loose-leaf type)
- Matures: 21 days for leaves, 45 for head
- Plant spacing: 10 to 15 inches apart
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.