Our Paris Island Cos Lettuce seeds grow into lettuce plants with long, spoon-shaped leaves that fold into a loose upright head.
The head of Parris Island lettuce can grow to 8"-9" tall. It is very crisp, tender and more nutritious than iceberg head lettuce. This cool weather vegetable withstands warm weather better than most other lettuce varieties!
- Flavor: Sweet and mild.
- Preparation Ideas: Ideal for Caesar salads or tossed with other greens.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 68 Days
- Growth Type: Romaine
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Parris Island Cos Lettuce seeds roughly 8" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow directly in the garden as early as the soil can be made fine and loose. Plant seeds every 2", covering firmly with soil. Thin plants to 8" apart when they are 2" tall.
Suggestions: Lettuce needs plenty of moisture. Also, fall crops may have to be started indoors since lettuce has a difficult time even germinating in hot weather. Transplant with care.