Grand Rapids Lettuce grows large and frilly bright-green leaves that have a tender and sweet taste.
Ready to harvest in roughly 45 days, these lettuce seeds grow quickly into upright plants and are slower to bolt than other loose leaf lettuce varieties. This cool weather vegetable is high in vitamins A and B!
- Flavor: Grand Rapids Lettuce has a sweet and crisp taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Make a delicious salad with leaves from this variety!
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 45 Days
- Growth Type: Loose leaf
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Grand Rapids Lettuce seeds roughly 6" apart in rows.
Instructions: Grow Grand Rapids Lettuce seeds directly in the garden as early as the soil can be made fine and loose. Plant seeds every 2", covering firmly with soil. Thin lettuce plants to 6" apart when they display 2-3 leaves. As lettuce begins to crowd, harvest by picking individual leaves regularly.
Suggestions: Lettuce needs plenty of moisture. Also, fall crops may have to be started indoors since lettuce has a difficult time germinating in hot weather. Transplant with care.