Developed by Cornell University, this heat-tolerant, Bibb-type lettuce has quickly become a favorite since earning All America status in 1963. Its rich green leaves, sometimes tinged with red, form a beautiful rosette in the garden that holds well under stress and has good bolt resistance. A good source of vitamin A and phytonutrients. Grows best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade and even appreciates it in spring in hot climates.
- Light: Full sun to part shade
- Head size: 6 to 8 inches (semi-heading)
- Matures: 21 days for leaves, 55 for head
- Plant spacing: 8 to 10 inches apart
* Photos and description courtesy of Bonnie Plants.