Dwarf Blue Curled Kale seeds grow into a tasty green vegetable with parsley-like leaves that are never bitter. Leaves that are never bitter are very desirable as greens and often used for garnishing. Kale can be grown both as a spring and an early fall crop. An added bonus: kale is loaded with vitamins A, C and the B group!
- Flavor: Never bitter!
- Preparation Ideas: Great on sandwiches or baked as kale chips.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 8 - 12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 60 Days
- Planting Depth: .25" - .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow one Dwarf Blue Curled Kale seed every 4" and when kale seedlings are about 3" tall, thin kale plants so they are spaced 12" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow in outdoor row as soon a as the ground can be worked. Place one seed every 4" and cover with soil. When plants are about 3" tall, thin to 12" apart. Harvest side leaves as needed at 6-8" in length.
Suggestions: Make several pickings during season for abundant crop before hot weather. Sow again in midsummer for fall crop. A light fall frost makes the pleasant flavor of the leaves even better. Bake them for tasty chips!