These Heirloom Black Beauty Eggplant seeds grow into large, spreading bushy plants that will bear 6-12 glossy purple fruit for your enjoyment.
Black Beauty Eggplant is a favorite ingredient used in Mediterranean style cooking. We consider this eggplant to be one of the best heirloom eggplant varieties available! It's also low in calories, with only 20 per cup.
- Flavor: Tender, rich, and full eggplant flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Popular in Mediterranean dishes.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 85 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Black Beauty Eggplant seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start eggplant seeds indoors in a warm, sunny location 8-10 weeks before planting outdoors. Wait 3 weeks after the last frost to transplant outside. Or, in warmer climates, sow directly in the garden. Successfully growing eggplant requires full sun and rich, fertile, well-draining soil.
Suggestions: You can tell when an eggplant is ripe by its glossy purple look. Harvest eggplant fruits while they are still shiny and about the size of your fist. Cut from the stem with a knife.