Echinacea Purple Coneflower is a poplar prairie wildflower that is easily identified by its gorgeously dark, cone-shaped flower with purple petals.
This is a drought resistant perennial flower that is guaranteed to attract birds to your garden.
- Plant Type: Perennial Flower
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.3
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days To Bloom: 60-90 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Echinacea Purple Coneflower seeds roughly 18" apart.
- Growing Height: 30-42"
- Best Container Size: 24"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost, sow Echinacea Purple Coneflower seeds in open ground well exposed. Cover with 0.25" of soil. For earlier blooms, start indoors about 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost. When plants are 2" high, thin or transplant.
Suggestions: Dramatic background plant for border, perennial, wildflower, or rock garden. Long-lasting cut flower.