Inspired by big screen and singing legend, 'America's Sweetheart' Doris Day, this lovely yellow rose beautifully personifies this joyful, charming and amazingly talented icon. What makes this rose special is it originated from the same cross that produced the varieties Sparkle & Shine and Jump for Joy. These three rose sisters are different but they share the same super-floriferous attributes. Doris Day's blooms are full of sunshine and will sweeten up your garden with their fruity and sweet spice aroma. The old-fashioned blooms are produced in beautiful rounded clusters on vigorous stems. You get to enjoy the gold yellow coloration until the petals drop.
- Class: Floribunda
Plant Habit: Medium
- Growth Habit: Upright & bushy
- Plant Height: 3 to 5 feet
- Stem Length: Medium
- Foliage Color: Bright glossy medium green
- Disease Resistance: Good
- Flower Color: Pure even gold yellow
- Bud Form: Pointed & elegant
- Flower Size: Medium to large, up to 4½ inches in diameter
- Flower Form: Old-fashioned & ruffled, in small clusters
- Petal Count: 45 to 55
- Parentage: Julie Newmar x Julia Child
Fragrant List: Fragrant
* Photos and description courtesy of Weeks Roses.