Dark Green Zucchini is a variety that produces exceptionally high yields of flavorful zucchini.
Zucchinis can mature to be 10" to 12" long. A delight in the kitchen! Ideal for multiple cooking dishes and baked goods such as cakes, breads and muffins.
- Flavor: Firm and sweet.
- Preparation Ideas: A great choice for baked foods like cake, bread, or muffins.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8 - 10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Summer
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Dark Green Zucchini Organic Squash seeds roughly 12" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 4' apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: After all danger of frost, in a sunny location, sow a few Dark Green Zucchini Organic Squash seeds spaced evenly over a hill 9"-12" tall and 2' across. When plants are 3" tall, thin by cutting all but the 3 strongest seedlings per hill. To avoid weeding, mulch heavily around plants and in the rows.
Suggestions: Pick summer squash early and often. Not picking will stop production of plants. Ready to harvest just after blossom falls from squash and it can be easily dented with thumbnail.