Poinsett 76 Cucumber seeds produce plants that grow dark green, white-spined and straight cucumbers - thus making them an ideal slicer!
These cucumbers average 8.5" in length and 2.5" in diameter when they are mature. The flesh of this cucumber variety is crisp, white and tender. Disease tolerant. Vining cucumber.
- Flavor: Crisp, non-bitter, and delicious.
- Preparation Ideas: Slice this variety to make the perfect cucumber sandwich on a hot summer day.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.5
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 75 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow your Poinsett 76 Cucumber seeds roughly 6' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 4' apart.
- Tolerance: Leaf spot, anthracnose, scab, downey/powdery mildew
Instructions: In full sun, sow a few Poinsett 76 Cucumber seeds over a hill 12" tall and 2' across with well-drained soil. For smaller gardens, plant alongside a fence or trellis. When plants are 2" tall, thin to 3 plants per hill. Plant at 3 week intervals up to midsummer for fresh cucumbers all season. Keep cucumbers picked.
Suggestions: Plant cucumber seeds only after all danger of frost is past and the ground is warm. They need lots of sunshine and water. Keep weeds to a minimum with a straw or leaf mulch.