Muncher Cucumbers grow strong, vigorous vines full of delicious burpless cucumbers.
A slicer cucumber variety, it produces prolific, tender, burpless cucumbers that aren't bitter or tough. These disease resistant cucumbers can even be eaten raw like an apple.
- Flavor: Mild, sweet, crispy, and never bitter.
- Preparation Ideas: Non-bitter, this is a great variety for snacking in the garden fresh off the vine.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.9
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 65 Days
- Growth Type: Vining
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Muncher Cucumber seeds roughly 6' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Scab, cucumber mosaic, downey/powdery mildew, alternaria leaf spot, anthracnose
Instructions: In full sun, sow a few seeds over a hill 12" tall and 2' across with well-drained soil. For smaller gardens, plant alongside a fence or trellis. When plants are 2" tall, thin to 3 plants per hill. Plant at 3 week intervals up to midsummer for fresh cucumbers all season. Keep fruits picked.
Suggestions: Plant cucumber seeds only after all danger of frost is past and the ground is warm. They need lots of sunshine and water. Keep weeds to a minimum with a straw or leaf mulch.