Green Dragon Cucumbers are a very hardy early hybrid cucumber variety that is resistant to cold weather.
This burpless cucumber is straight and about 14" long with a green rind. The average weight per cucumber this plant will produce is 7 ounces.
- Flavor: Sweet and never bitter.
- Preparation Ideas: A great choice for slicing for a snack or cucumber sandwich.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.3
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 50 Days
- Growth Type: Vine
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Green Dragon Cucumber seeds roughly 6' apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 4' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Cucumber Mosaic|Downey Mildew|Powdery Mildew|Scab
Instructions: In full sun, sow a few Green Dragon Cucumber seeds over a hill made of well-drained soil 12" tall and 2' across. For smaller gardens, plant alongside a fence or trellis. When plants are 2" tall, thin to 3 plants per hill. Plant at 3 week intervals up to midsummer for fresh cucumbers all season. Keep cucumbers picked.
Suggestions: Plant cucumber seeds only after all danger of frost is past and the ground is warm. They need lots of sunshine and water. Keep weeds to a minimum with a straw or leaf mulch.