Kandy Korn Hybrid Sweet Corn is an yellow, sugary enhanced (Se) corn variety that was bred for improved germination and vigor in cool weather.
This corn has extra-sweet, tender kernels that retain that sweetness for 3-5 days after picking! A late variety, grows to be 8' tall with beautiful maroon-streaked leaves.
- Characteristics: Se (sugary enhanced) Yellow
- Flavor: (Se) Very tender and juicy, with a wonderfully creamy texture.
- Preparation Ideas: Best used fresh but can be frozen.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 12
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 89 Days
- Growth Type: 8'
- Planting Depth: 1-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Kandy Korn Hybrid Sweet Corn seeds roughly 12" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 3' apart.
- Disease Resistance: Stewart's Wilt
Instructions: Sow Kandy Korn Hybrid Sweet Corn seeds directly in the garden after all danger of frost is past and soil is warm. Plant 1 seed every 4". Thin to 1 plant every 12" when plants are 4" tall. Control weeds with a mulch and keep plants well watered, especially when the tops begin to tassel.
Suggestions: For better ear fill, plant a number of short corn rows together instead of a single long row. This helps ensure pollination. For plenty of corn all season, plant both early and late varieties.