Aunt Ruby's German Green is a large, green, indeterminate beefsteak variety. Boasting delicious fruits weighing up to 16 oz, you'll want to make lots of room in your garden for these. They are light green when ripe with a tint of yellow and a pink blush underneath.
- Flavor: Strong, sharp, sweet, and fruity tomato flavor
- Preparation Ideas: Perfect for a fried green tomato
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.2
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 80-95 Days
- Growth Type: Indeterminate
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: 2.5'/2'
- Disease Resistance: Late blight
Instructions: Start seed indoors in a sunny location 6 weeks prior to warm weather. Transplant outdoors in full sun when seedlings display 4-6 leaves and weather is warm. Seed can be sown directly into garden when soil is warm. Tomatoes cannot tolerate frost.
Suggestions: To keep fruit clean and easier to pick, support with stakes or cages. Tomatoes require at least an inch of water per week.