Tall Utah Celery is the most poplar green celery among gardeners.
This celery variety is the same tender, string-free celery found in your local food markets. A cool weather vegetable, Tall Utah Celery produces broad, thick stalks with a rich, nutty flavor.
- Flavor: A rich, nutty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Celery is perfect for stir-fry, soups, or salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.45
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 14-21 Days
- Days to Maturity: 125 Days
- Planting Depth: .125"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Tall Utah Celery seeds approximately 8" apart in rows.
Instructions: Broadcast Tall Utah Celery seeds evenly on well-watered soil and cover them lightly or start celery indoors 10 weeks before planting outdoors. When celery plant is 2" tall, thin so that celery plants are 8" apart. Can transplant celery outdoors when the plants are 4" tall. Place in well-cultivated soil and keep watered.
Suggestions: Celery demands cool weather, so allow enough time for it to mature before summers heat or winters freeze. Before harvesting celery, blanch for 2 weeks to promote an added tenderness.