These Organic Green Sprouting Calabrese Broccoli Seeds grow into dark green, close-beaded central heads that are high in vitamins.
The large heads on this calabrese broccoli variety also furnish an abundance of side shoots. This cool weather vegetable is low in calories and takes 70-90 days to reach maturity. Oh! And even better, these broccoli seeds are completely organic!
- Flavor: Good old fashioned broccoli taste!
- Preparation Ideas: Steamed with some lemon juice.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 1.25
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 10-14 Days
- Days to Maturity: 70-90 Days
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Organic Calabrese Broccoli seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Start seeds indoors 6-8 weeks before the last killing frost in spring. Or, sow 2-3 seeds together outdoors every 2'. Thin to one plant every 2' when an inch tall. Keep watered and fertilized. Cut before buds open for best harvest.
Suggestions: Broccoli is a good producer when planted again in summer for fall harvest until frost. For a low calorie side dish, broccoli is delicious with lemon juice!