Ruby Queen Beet is a bright scarlet colored root vegetable with a sweet buttery texture.
The texture combined with the earliness of harvest makes this a popular, award-winning beet variety.
- Flavor: Can grow larger than most beets without woody taste.
- Preparation Ideas: Steam, pickle, or boil these beets for a delicious dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 4
- Grows Best In: Sun/Partial Shade
- Days to Germination: 10-12 Days
- Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Growth Type: Root
- Planting Depth: .5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Ruby Queen Beet seeds roughly 3" apart in rows, keeping rows approximately 18" apart.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Heirloom Ruby Queen Beet seeds outdoors. Performs best in full sun and well drained soil. Scatter seeds in a row. After germination, thin to 1.5" apart. When 4" high, thin to 3" apart. Rosebud sized thinning are delicious cooked whole. Harvest mature beets when they are 3" in diameter.
Suggestions: To prepare beets, simmer whole beets in salted water for 30-45 minutes, dip in cold water and slip the skins off.