Cherokee Wax bean seeds produce a poplar bush bean variety that is noted for its productive, dependable plants that withstand adverse weather conditions and resist disease.
This All-America Selections Winner produces 5"-6" long, string-less yellow wax beans with a fine flavor. This wax bean plant has an upright growth habit which keeps your bean pods clean.
- Flavor: Fine, nutty flavor.
- Preparation Ideas: Pairs well with tuna and adds some nice color to salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 7-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 54 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Cherokee Wax Bean seeds roughly 3' apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
- Disease Resistance: Common bean mosaic, rust
Instructions: Beans are a warm-season crop. Sow seeds directly outdoors. Plant 1-2 seeds every 3'. When seedlings have 4 true leaves, thin to 1 plant every 3'. Harvest beans all season by sowing every 2 weeks until 2 months before frost. Harvest young and tender pods frequently.
Suggestions: Water plants at the soil level and avoid wetting the foliage. Harvest beans regularly at the young, succulent stage for best yields.