Our Organic Blue Lake Bush Bean seeds are exactly that: 100% organic bush green beans.
This organic bush bean variety grows vigorous, many-branched bush plants that produce heavy yields of pods similar in appearance to Blue Lake Pole seeds. The flavor of these 6.5" long, round pods is absolute perfection. This green bean plants boasts disease tolerance and its pods are high in vitamins A, B and C!
- Flavor: Rich bean taste!
- Preparation Ideas: Preserves well; a great choice for freezing and canning for later use as an ingredient or side dish.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 21
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 6-8 Days
- Days to Maturity: 55 Days
- Growth Type: Bush
- Planting Depth: 1"-1.5"
- Seed Spacing: Sow two seeds every 4" in rows, keeping rows roughly 20" apart.
- Tolerance: Common bean mosaic
Instructions: Sow seeds when the soil is warm and all danger of frost is past. Plant two seeds every 4". Soaking seeds overnight before planting will speed germination. Thin to 1 plant every 4 inches when the plants have 4 leaves. Pick early and often to encourage production. Sow every two weeks until eight weeks before first frost.
Suggestions: Avoid working around beans when wet as this may spread diseases. When weeding, hoe gently because beans are shallow-rooted. Mulch plants only after thinning.