These Arugula Roquette seeds grow into a leafy plant identified as a member of the mustard family.
Arugula has long, smooth leaves with a rather pungent, tangy odor and taste. When young, this heirloom arugula varieties leaves are best when added to fresh salads. Pick arugulas outer leaves for regular use until the entire plants are harvested.
- Characteristics: Arugula is a member of the mustard family.
- Flavor: Pungent, tangy, and peppery!
- Preparation Ideas: Use young leaves in fresh salads.
- Plant Type: Vegetable
- Fill Weight (grams): 0.9
- Grows Best In: Full Sun
- Days to Germination: 8-10 Days
- Days to Maturity: 40 Days
- Planting Depth: .25"
- Seed Spacing: Sow Heirloom Roquette Arugula seeds roughly 9" apart in rows.
- Best Container Size: 12"+
Instructions: Sow Arugula seeds as soon as the ground can be worked. Plant one seed every 3" and once plants are well established, thin. As plants begin to mature, pick outer leaves of Arugula for regular use until entire plants are harvested.
Suggestions: For best greens, provide quick growth by keeping the ground moist.